Thursday, 15 May 2014

Reflection On Chingay Parade (MH)



At the start of the Chingay parade,I sat down and found that they also prepared a goodie bag for us like they did during the National Day Parade every year. I found all sorts of goodies and food inside. However, I really hate the calcium bar.
During the parade, I and my friends took a lot pictures at the performers who were in a 'hyper' mode. The two performances I enjoyed the most was the ballet and the dragon and lion dance by the people. The floating lanterns put up near the end of the parade was also really enjoyable. I enjoyed the ballet dance because I could see the dancers performing swan lake and the dress they were wearing was also really nice with the frilly thing that goes around the hem of the dress. All the dancers were all really in sync and they were performing at a steady beat which makes me wonder how did they manage to train themselves into performing in sync. The dragon and lion dance was also really enjoyable especially when the dragon started to go in circles and began to chase after their food supposingly. The dragon also looks very flexible as it started to turn and twist in all sorts of directions. I was watching practically with my jaw down as the dragon began to 'leap' about and doing all kinds of tricks. I was cheering all the way till my voice was getting hoarse. I was really hyper that day.
The bad thing about the parade was that the school behind us kept throwing things down at us like rubbish such as sweet wrappers. Min hui also got hit on the head and it looks really painful. She was holding her head all the way till the end of the parade. I think the school behind us was really inconsiderate.
Overall, I really enjoyed the performance, but the school behind us really spoiled the mood. In this parade, I got to see all kinda of culture like Indian and Malay. I hope that next time I would get to go to Chingay parade again. This is an unforgettable life experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment