Thursday, 15 May 2014

Consolidation of learning (weichen)

I feel that the first lesson taught me to be more observant as the pictures of poverty were shown. I did not think more deeply and immediately concluded that I would help the woman with the baby and not the man beggar. We learnt many many things in CID like GDP, poverty, chingay parade that was unforgettable and many more including China's history. We also learnt how to be able to present a presentation correctly and with vigor. As that was my first time presenting in CID about the chingay parade, I was nervous and did not know what to say even though we did prepare. As we presented on the second day, I saw the previous groups presenting and thought, " oh no, our slides are so little we're sure gonna get scolded..." 
However, I know that I'm not the only one presenting and it is alright to make mistakes. I have to maintain eye-contact with the audience and be able to memories most of my script so that it enables me to seem confident even though my legs were wobbling underneath me. We were presenting as a group so I should not be so nervous as I'm not the only one standing in front of the class and speaking. I know that when I started talking, I had forgotten all that Mr Chua had said before hand. I believe that as a team, we are capable of overcoming all obstacles set in front of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment