Thursday, 13 March 2014

Reflection on CID presentation ( weichen )

I feel that for my group, we did not do a good job as all of us were too nervous and rigid. Our presentation was not smooth and even of myself I feel that I have not practiced my script enough as I had little time to rehearse. We did not practice as a group often as our CCA time slots are different and it cause me to skip one of my CCA days just to rehearse once with my group. That's why I feel that we should have understand each other and help each other out by sending all our scripts to everyone and send it on time. Our teamwork was bad as we did not try to make our script longer or even put in any effort that's why I think we should have tried harder as a group and do our best.
Next, I feel that Tiffany's group was well done eventhough Brian was interrupting and distracting us. The slides in their group was well thought out and had something different by including the other days that relate to the theme. We had not thought of that and I feel it was a new and fresh idea. All of the group mates were cooperative thus their presentation was smooth and made no mistakes. If Brian could have refrained from making inappropiate actions and noises, and the audience be more cooperative and not distract them, I think that their presentation would have been a very successful one. 
However, I feel that some groups are not as well done as them, for example, slides with too many words, or people reading of the slides. Some people would just read off the script and not even have minimum eye contact with the audience. But I think that being nervous in front of the class is a given eventhough your friends are with you. I have stage fright and it scares me to think that I would be speaking to the class including the teacher, so my English oral would not be good as well. Many  people would just freeze up and stop talking as they would think that the audience is not interested and is afraid to speak their feelings or reflections. Thus we need to practice and rehearse more in front of the mirror or in front of your friends and improve on your language presentation skills so that you have more confidence in speaking in front of a crowd. These are the points I think we should improve on as we would have to do more presentation work in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment