The trip was really fulfilling and fun. I have learnt lots of things from it. The trip helped me to understand more of the Taiwanese culture and it's origins when we went to the aboriginal park. The school we went to was also really different from our school!, the lessons were different, their way of speaking to the teachers was different and their classrooms was also different. They don't even need to wear a uniform to school!i find that their way of life it's just so much relaxing than ours! The teachers don't care about whether they listen in class as long as they get good grades. I think that they are also over familiar to their teachers, the teacher allows them to call herself by her name.
The thing I enjoyed the most about the trip was when we went to the amusement park where everyone gets to go to different places such as the pirate ship, roller coaster, free fore etc. I loved this park because everything was so exciting and fun. The feeling of falling from somewhere high to low was really exhilarating. I really cried after riding the free fore because it was really scary, the seats went above the mountain tops. When it dropped down, I was scared to death. However, after thinking it through, it was really fun. The pirate ship was also really fun. I went on it five to six times. Other than that in the aboriginal park, I found it quite sad that the people in different clans have to build a amusement park to attract people so that the others won't act indifferent to their presence. I hope that there would be more people who will be willing to go to the amusement park. I also learnt a bit of their dance which was really easy but looks difficult.
Another thing I enjoyed was the shopping when we went to ximending and ye shi. It was an eye opener for me as I saw them sell different kinds of food and souvenirs. The ice cream I saw there was really expensive. It costs about 3 dollars in Singapore. But there's another ice cream we bought that only costs 30 dollars, it was really tasty. I really saw different kinds of thing being sold there. There's was clothes, key chains, stuffed toys and even otaku shops for anime lovers! I went to a keychain shop and bought a keychain in which I carved my family members' name on it. I think the shopping was really enjoyable and I bought a lot of things such as a figurine, a keychain, a pencil case etc. What I bought for my mother was a glass figurine which was a cross since she was a Christian. I bought a clothe for my father which was for him to wear it to work. Other than buying things during shopping, I also went around looking at the food they sell in the ye shi. I am glad that it was similar to what they sell in typical China. However, I really dislike the lamb meat as I was not used to eating such things. The people the ye shi and ximending had really different lifestyles from typical Singapore shop owners. They took their time chatting with the neighboring shops while in Singapore, the shop owners doesn't even know who was beside them. The shop owner also welcomes each and everyone warmer and they look as if they really love their job. Their attitude was really was good and they were cheerful. Unlike Singapore shop owners, that only sit at the counter there and play with their phones and wait for customer to buy something.
Lastly, I really enjoyed the lantern part. Where we went to the railway and got to walk on a railway where the train is still active. It really feels as if I was walking in a deserted world where everyone was not there. There, I bought a few some lantern keychains and a 风铃. The shop owner was really nice as well and carefully took care of what we bought. I think that the most exciting part was where all of us got to write our wishes on one lantern and let it into the sky. I think that part was really exciting until I heard that they were going to be collected back for recycling which disappointed me very much. I really thought that the lanterns might continue floating to the other side of the earth and someone else will see it. It was really too bad.
In conclusion. I think that this trip was really a meaningful and fun one. We got to go to each other's room at night to talk to each other. It was too bad that the last night we were there, there were people who heard noises and got scared. I hope we, as a class, would be able to go overseas together again, or maybe turn back time and redo the trip. The food there was extremely tasty and it was a miracle that I didn't grow fat. I hope to have this kind of trip again sometime, seriously.


No comments:
Post a Comment